Missing our happy hour duck wings? We want to help you make them at home, substituted with chicken. (Though if you’re able to get your hands on duck wings, be our guest!)
Our chef has modified our duck wings recipe with ingredients you probably already have or can easily find, so you can recreate that happy hour experience at home with some of our wine. (We think Riesling would make the perfect pairing!)
Keep scrolling for the ingredients and recipe. And if you make these wings, we’d love to see! Share a pic on Instagram or Facebook or tag us.
- 16 ~ 20 chicken wings, mid-sections only (or duck wings if you have them)
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1tbsp aluminum free baking powder
- 5 tbsp red curry paste
- 1.5oz of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of red hot sauce
- 1/2 ~ 1/4 tsp of fish sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime cut into wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Wash the chicken (or duck) wings in water and allow to dry off.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan and add the curry paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, pepper and sugar and cook until it has reduced by 40%. Blend until smooth.
- Mix the wings with the salt, pepper and baking powder and bake in the oven for 30 minutes until crispy.
- Toss the wings with the curry if you want or you can use the sauce for dipping.
- We serve our wings with a papaya slaw but you can thinly slice cucumbers and dress them with some salt, sugar and lime juice to spruce them up more easily!
Finally, pour yourself a glass of wine, and enjoy!