Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a professional, friendly, efficient manner and play an integral role in ensuring our customers have exceptional dining experiences. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to guests’ needs, making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers embrace their role. They know their demeanor, attitude and actions play a large part in creating a pleasant atmosphere and guest experience. Servers represent the restaurant and are to provide a quality experience for guests.
Servers work in close collaboration with colleagues and kitchen and bar staff and must adhere to established health and safety standards. Servers also maintain the cleanliness, presentation and ambiance of the restaurant which is an integral part of the guests’ experience. Servers must be able to handle guest complaints in a professional, calm and respectful manner. Servers must also be able to respond to ongoing requests and feedback from guests and their supervisors.
- Assist guests in selecting food and beverages by presenting menu, suggesting courses, explaining specials, identifying appropriate wines and answering food preparation questions
- Have an expert understanding of the restaurant’s offerings, ingredients, preparation techniques and available substitutions.
- Have an expert understanding of the restaurant’s wines
- Identify special dietary needs and allergies and communicate to kitchen staff
- Place orders exactly to customer specifications using POS system
- Serve the needs of multiple guests and tables at the same time
- Control flow of service and deliver food courses to guests in the proper order
- Abide by sanitation, health and company guidelines concerning safety, cleanliness, safe food handling and alcoholic beverages
- Observe proper serving etiquette and techniques
- Maintain service pace by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other special needs
- Address guest concerns promptly, politely and positively
- Issue bill and collect payment from guest
- Contribute to restaurant growth and success by up-selling and creating goodwill with guests
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested by management, including pre-shift meetings
- Assist with training of new staff
- Adhere to grooming, conduct and uniform standards
- Prepare restaurant and outside dining areas by setting tables, candles, napkins, service plates, glassware and utensils
- Roll silverware, Polish glassware, set up stations, and prepare for the next shift
- Execute opening and closing procedures as directed
- Be comfortable with extreme weather during service of outside dining areas
- Other duties as required
The above requirements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply: Please send your resume to [email protected]